Sri Sathya Sai Baba Articles
108 Quotes of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba
- The greatest fear man can have
is the fear of losing GOD's Love.
- Too much food results in
dullness of mind.
- A language is as sweet as the
tongues of the speakers.
- Every experience that is drawn
through any of the senses has an effect on one's health.
- Love all beings; that is
- Discipline is the mark of
- When calamity approaches,
- A man's well-being depends
upon his degree of contentment.
- God is all Names and all forms.
- Follow the Master, face the
devil, fight to the end, finish the game.
- Real happiness lies within you.
- All things in creation are
subject to the law of change, and man, too, is subject to this
- Renunciation is the power of
battling against evil forces and holding the mind in check.
- The teachers of tomorrow are
the students of today.
- God is not to be spoken of as
coming down or going up, since HE is everywhere.
- Learn to speak what you feel,
and act what you speak.
- What is the unmistakable mark
of a wise man? It is Love, Love for all humanity.
- Each man carries his destiny
in his own hands.
- Whenever and wherever you put
yourself in touch with GOD, that is the state of meditation.
- Small minds select narrow
roads; expand your mental vision and take to the broad road of
helpfulness, compassion and service.
- Silence is the speech of the
- Service springs out of LOVE
and it scatters LOVE in profusion.
- Ignorance is the most
important cause of sorrow.
- Once we surrender our mind to
GOD completely, HE will take care of us in every way.
- Have constructive thoughts,
consoling words, compassionate acts.
- Where there is FAITH, there is
LOVE; Where there is LOVE; there is PEACE; Where there is PEACE;
there is GOD; Where there is GOD; there is BLISS.
- The end of knowledge is LOVE.
The end of education is character.
- LOVE is the scarcest article
- Mine, not thine; this sense of
greed is the root of all evil. This distinction is applied even
to GOD! -- my GOD, not yours! Your GOD, not mine!
- All spiritual practice must be
directed to the removal of the husk and the revelation of the
- The mind fixed in the
awareness of the ONE is line a rock; unaffected by doubt, stable,
- LOVE lives by giving and
forgiving. Self lives by getting and forgetting.
- GOD is the doer; you are but
- The heart of man, which is now
allowed to lie fallow, has to be ploughed by spiritual exercises
like repetition of GOD's name.
- GOD is neither distant, nor
distinct from you.
- What is meant by the phrase "to
know GOD"? It means "to love GOD".
- When there is harmony in the
home, there will be order in the nation. When there is order in
the nation, there will be PEACE in the world.
- The beauty of life depends
upon our good habits.
- Good company is important, it
helps to cultivate good qualities.
- You cannot see ME, but I am
the light you see by. You cannot hear ME, but I am the sound
you hear by. You cannot know ME, but I am the truth by which
- Be ever watchful to see that
you strive to take in more and more of GOD into you.
- If you honour your mother, the
Mother of the Universe will guard you against harm.
- The same current activates
- GOD gave you the time, space,
cause, material, idea, skill, chance and fortune. Why should
you feel as if you are the doer?
- Make the home a seal of
- Have no desires to place
before GOD, whatever HE does with you, however HE treats you, is
the gift that HE likes best to give you!
- Unity is divinity; purity is
- Always respect another's
opinion and another's point of view.
- Food should not be too salty,
too hot, too bitter, too sweet, too sour.
- Reason can prevail only when
arguments are advanced without the whipping up of sound.
- Take failure and victory cooly.
- There should not be any trace
of dislike or distrust on the score of nationality, language,
caste, economic status, scholarship, age or sex.
- Your thoughts, words, and
deeds will shape others and theirs will shape you.
- GOD is ONE without a second.
- The service of man is the only
means by which you can serve GOD.
- By eating flesh one develops
violent tendencies and animal diseases.
- The PEACE that pervades the
heart can never be shaken for any reason; only PEACE of this
kind is worthy of the name.
- As close as you are to GOD, so
close is GOD to you.
- Immortality is the fruit of
- The grace of GOD is like
insurance. It will help you in your time of need without any
- When you feel you cannot do
good, at least desist from doing evil.
- LOVE seeks no reward; LOVE is
its own reward.
- The joy that we cause in the
heart of GOD is the only worthwhile achievement.
- Do not get attached to worldly
things and pursuits. Be in the world, but do not let the world
be in you.
- Truth has no fear; Untruth
shivers at every shadow.
- Be simple and sincere.
- The mind sees separateness,
LOVE sees unity.
- God is the life-breath of
- The only ache people have
nowadays is ache in the stomach due to over eating and lack of
- Being a good example is the
best form of service.
- Friendship is the expression
of unshakable LOVE, LOVE that is noble, pure, free from desire
- Money comes and goes; morality
comes and grows.
- GOD first; the world next;
- Try to conduct yourself in
such a way as not to injure others.
- Do not use poisonous words
against anyone, for words wound more fatally than even arrows.
- Patience is all the strength
that man needs.
- With effort and prayer destiny
can be attained. Start the effort.
- You must welcome tests because
it gives you confidence and it ensures promotion.
- What is offered to GOD is
totally free from all defects and imperfections.
- Spiritual progress is right
living, good conduct, moral behavior.
- A nation that has no bridle on
its sensuality, can never thrive our survive.
- I am you; you are ME. You are
the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.
- Teachers must be examples of
LOVE and TRUTH.
- Each country is but a room in
the mansion of GOD.
- We should realize that man has
not only a mind which conceives thoughts, but also a heart which
can put them into practice.
- LOVE must express itself as
- The wise are those who know
- Whatever the trouble, however
great the sorrow, persist and win by recollecting the LORD.
- Man will realize his mission
on earth when he knows himself as divine and reveres others as
- Devotion is not a uniform to
be worn on certain days and then to be put aside.
- When the road ends, and the
goal is gained, the pilgrim finds that he has traveled only from
himself to himself.
- So long as you say "I am".
there is bound to be fear, but once you say and feel "I am GOD",
you get unconquerable strength.
- Duty without LOVE is
deplorable, duty with LOVE is desirable, LOVE without duty is
- When you kill an animal, you
give him suffering, pain, harm. GOD is in every creature, so
how can you give such pain?
- When the magnet does not
attract the needle, the fault lies in the dirt that covers up
- When the people become good,
the world will become good.
Practice the vocabulary of love -
unlearn the language of hate and contempt.
God is in you, around you, behind
you, above you, beside you.
Of all the righteous acts, help
rendered to those needing it, is the most righteous.
Surrendering the fruit of action
to the Lord is real sacrifice.
My birthday is the date when
divinity blossoms in your heart.
God is neither distant nor
distinct from you.
What is offered to God is totally
free from all defects and imperfections.
The joy that we cause in the
heart of God is the only worthwhile achievement.
The acid test by which an
activity can be confirmed as holy or sacred is to examine
whether it promotes attachment or avoids bondage.
Education should build character.
Its is Truth and Truth alone,
that is one's real friend, relative.
Faith is like our life breath. It
is impossible to live even for a minute in this world without